Best Pulmonologist treatment provider in Pitampura
A person may develop TB after inhaling Mycobacterium tuberculosis (M. tuberculosis) bacteria. When TB affects the lungs, the disease is the most contigious, but a person will usually only become sick after close contact with someone who has this type of TB.
The risk of developing active TB is higher in:
- anyone with a weakened immune system
- anyone who first developed the infection in the past 2–5 years
- older adults and young children
- people who use injected recreational drugs
- people who have not received appropriate treatment for TB in the past